Varsity Volleyball ready for a full season of challenges

Mario Fierro, Reporter

Thursday August 24th the girls varsity volleyball team had a match against Chaffey High School in Ontario and had an outstanding game by taking that dub and going home with a smile. Nautyka Diaz said “we played the best out of 5.” They won the first game against Chaffey 25-11. Stormy Amaya had 35 assists, 11 digs, 2 kills, plus 1 ace. Nautyka Diaz had 3 aces, 8 kills, and 7 digs. Victoria Oliaz had 1 ace and 8 kills.

Senior Nautyka Diaz, #3, went into the game with the mindset of a cheetah wanting that gazelle. I asked Nautyka on what she feels about her last year at Colton she said, “It’s a bittersweet feeling–of course I’m happy to leave high school but I’ll also miss my friends and playing volleyball with them. But I’ll always have the great memories that we’ve made.” Diaz’s position is outside and left side. Her goals for this year is to play every game like if it’s her last time being on the court– she is an aggressive self motivated player, but isn’t that what Colton is all about!? Diaz started playing when she was 10 she has been playing for 8 years now. One thing that motivates her is listening to music she said, “it helps me get my mind set for the game gets rid of the distractions and makes me focus.” She is mentally prepared for every game that gets thrown at her.