New season for track gets off to a running start

Quad meet in Ontario is a good test for the Yellowjackets, as several individuals standout in both track and field events
Dominic Rodriguez (12) right at the finish line for the 300m Hurdles
Diana Ruvalcaba (11) running through for the Girls 1600m

Ontario, CA—Track and Field is back and it was a speedy start to the 2024 season last week.

In their first meet of the 2024 season yesterday, our Yellowjackets faced four schools in its first Quad meet at Ontario High School. Schools included Ontario, Ontario Christian and Corona High School.

Colton enters this season as a division 2 school in both boys and girls track and field competitions.

Multiple athletes stood out at the first meet of the season.

On the track, multiple sprinters set an early bar, especially in the Varsity Girls 4×100 relay, who came in second place. The team of Melanie Bravo (12), Arianna Aisprousa (11), Jayda Porter (11) and Grace Osweuke (12) finished with a time of 53.28.

In the Open 1600m, Salome Gonzales (9) placed 2nd place with a 7:01.09. 

Varsity hurdles standout Arianna Arirpsiuda (11) came in second in both her hurdle races: 100m Hurdles Varsity with a time of 19.31, and in the 300m Hurdles, running a solid 54.60.

On the field, Grace Osueke had a strong first meet, placing first in the shotput with a throw of 28-feet, 9-inches, and then placing second in the discus with a throw of 47-feet, 4-inches. 

The boys standout for the meet was senior Uriel Morales, who came in third for both shotput (42-feet, 3-inches) and discus (98-feet, 5-inches).

In the boys long jump, Sebastian Carlos (9), who placed  first with a leap of 14-feet, 81-½-inches.

Track will open its league season this Friday, Mar. 8 with a home meet against Eisenhower High. The meet will begin at 3:30 p.m.

$735
$10000

Matthew Monge
Matthew Monge, Editor
Matthew Monge is in his junior year and second year writing for the Pepper Bough. He mostly writes about movies and TV and serves as the Entertainment, Arts and Lifestyle editor. He loves arts and entertainment, an in his free time likes to read comics, listen to music andsadlydo homework. Matthew hopes more people eventually join the Pepper Bough so more people have an opportunity to write with them.
$735
$10000