Softball wins 5th straight, pounds Bruins 13-3

Colton’s bats can’t be denied as Jasmine De La Rosa pitches an outstanding complete game
Elijah Goodman
Jasmine De La Rosa was an intimidating presence against Bloomington in Colton’s 13-3 defeat over the Bruins. She pitched a complete game with 4 strikeouts.

Colton, CA—The streaking Colton girls softball dominated Bloomington High school 13-3 on Thursday, Feb. 29, adding another victory to the season. This is their fifth consecutive victory. 

The girls shut down the Bruins all game, with starter Jasmine De La Rosa holding them to a total of three runs on seven hits. She struck out four and only surrendered one walk in a complete game.

Colton’s powerful offensive attack was led by freshman Andrea Varela, who went 3-for-4 at the plate with a double and two RBI. Important contributions were made by Valerie Varela (2-for-4, RBI, double), Jocelyn Ornelas (2-for-3, RBI), and Stephanie De La Cruz (1-for-2, 2 RBI, two walks, one hit-by-pitch).

After a scoreless first inning, Colton’s bats woke up and put in runs in every inning the rest of the way. They did most of their damage in the third, fourth, and fifth when they combined for 11 of their 13.

With this win, Colton is now 6-2, winners of five straight, and headed into a favorable match on Friday, Mar. 1 against Silverado High. Game time 3 p.m.

$735
$10000

Josie Ramos
Josie Ramos, Staff Writer
Josie Ramos is a freshman at Colton High. This is her first year working for the Pepper Bough.
$735
$10000