Keeping Colton High School informed and entertained since 1917

WrestleMania Makes Waves as the Ultimate Thrill Ride

Johnny Castorena, Reporter

On Sunday, April 2nd, WWE had their biggest wrestling event of the year, WrestleMania 33 in Orlando, Florida. In the world of sports entertainment this is wrestling entertainment’s Super Bowl which involves many of the story lines that have been building during the year were finally coming to an end at WrestleMania.

Even though this is WWE’s 33’rd WrestleMania, there was still history being made that night. Raw’s Universal Championship had its first defending at a WrestleMania, the championship also changed hands that night, The Undertaker received his second loss in his whole WrestleMania appearances, and it’s possibly his last match. The Hardy Boyz also made their return to the WWE at Wrestlemania, where they won the Raw tag-team championship in a fatal four way ladder match. Also John Cena proposed to his girlfriend Nikki Bella in the ring after their match against The Miz and Maryse. Mojo Rawley won the Andre the Giant memorial battle royal.

There were five title changes that night. The first title to change was the United States championship on the Raw brand. Kevin Owens beat Chris Jericho in a singles match. The second title to change was the Raw tag-team Championships. The Hardy Boyz made their return, that was not announced until the match was about to start. They won the titles in a ladder match from The Club. The third title to change was Smackdown’s WWE Championship. Randy Orton beat Bray Wyatt in a singles match to win his ninth WWE Championship. The fourth title to change was Raw’s Universal Championship. Brock Lesnar defeated Goldberg in four minutes in a singles match. The last title to change at WrestleMania was Smackdown’s Women’s Championship. Naomi won back her title in six pack challenge from Alexa Bliss.

The main event of the night was Roman Reigns vs The Undertaker in a no holds barred match. Roman Reigns won this match which was rumored to be The Undertaker’s last Wrestlemania match. After the match was over and Reigns had left the ring, Undertaker started to slowly remove his gloves which he put in the center of the ring. He then took off his coat and put it onto the gloves. The Undertaker then took off his hat and did his signature eye rolling and left the hat in the center of the ring. He then made his way to the ramp where he raised his hand and was lowered into the backstage. The crowd chanted “Thank you Taker” through the whole segment.

Even though some of the matches may have fell flat on their face, it was still a pretty decent WrestleMania. It had some great highspots and matches that concluded some stories and also further more stories. I thought the whole show, including the kick off show, was pretty good, it was a WrestleMania that will go down in WWE’s history for bringing back The Hardy Boyz and possibly The Undertaker’s last WrestleMania match.

• WrestleMania Makes Waves as the Ultimate Thrill Ride

Sports

Track Ends the Year in Awe and Glory

Top Stories

CHS undergoes eco-friendly modernizations

Top Stories

Class of ’17 gears up for pre-graduation events

Sports

Super Bowl 51 sets new records

Opinion

Your lazy decisions are contaminating the ocean

News

America somewhat welcomes the 45th president

News

Seniors are in for a ‘night in the spotlight’ at the Yost Theater

Arts and Entertainment

Wild Rivers outdo themselves with self-titled album

Arts and Entertainment

Nothing Else Matters but Little Mix’s new album “Glory Days”

Sports

Ukrainian boxer Vasyl Lomachenko is on top of the world