There’s no place like HOMEcoming, there’s no place like HOMEcoming

Margaret Marin, Reporter

Homecoming week has officially come to an end and although it ended on a bad note for CHS’ Varsity Football team, ASB Director Olivia Conboy and her ASB students definitely had their hands full of activities for us to enjoy.

The girls of CHS  weren’t afraid to get their hands dirty as Powder Puff kicked off Tuesday the 29th. There was no official freshman or sophomore team and it’s unconfirmed why but seniors and a mixture juniors, sophomores, and freshmen battled against one another at War Memorial Stadium. Everyone was clearly a winner as the game ended in a 0-0 tie.

Homecoming Court and Royality made an appearance during both lunches as they participated in the “Hello Walk” and Carnival Wednesday the 30th that took place on Dortha Cooley Lane. Court and Royalty introduced themselves to the students of CHS, dressed in their favorite Wizard of Oz characters. Voting for court took place the very next day outside the ASB room.

There’s no place like HOMEcoming, there’s no place like HOMEcoming. The much anticipated day finally arrived as freshmen witnessed their first ever pep rally. Students were encouraged to “Black Out” and wear all black for the pep rally. Homecoming Court and Royalty made yet another appearance at the assembly as the guests of honor, each representing their graduating class. Seniors running for King and Queen joined together and walked the yellow brick road in the middle of Hubbs Gym.

There was a little something for everyone as ASB gathered performances and games lined up for the entertainment. CHS’ Cheerleaders and Band helped keep the Yellow Jacket spirit alive with performances to wow the crowd. Later that evening CHS had their annual homecoming parade with our Principal Joda Murphy as the Grand Marshal. Other guests who walked in the CHS parade were students of Colton Middle School, Grant Elementary, and Paul J. Rogers Elementary. Colton Fire Department and Colton S.W.A.T cruised along with CHS band, cheer, and NJROTC.

The Moreno Valley Vikings got the best of Colton High as the homecoming game ended in a 67-0 loss. During halftime, senior Crystal Saucedo was crowned homecoming queen. Our homecoming king, senior Chris Florez, was announced Saturday night at the homecoming dance.

Conboy and ASB did an excellent job planning events and spirit days for all to enjoy. Congratulations to all Homecoming Royalty and Court and a big congratulation to this year’s homecoming King and Queen.