Veronica Elder moves from the classroom to the walkie-talkie squad

Erica Tapia, Reporter

What kind of assistant principal do you want? Do you want a dull non-Yellowjacket? Or do you want a fun, spirited,  TRUE Yellowjacket? Veronica Elder grew up in Colton and works at Colton High School as an assistant principal. She is fun, spirited and a TRUE yellow jacket!

Elder first taught here at Colton High School 15 years before she became an assistant principal.  She has had many offers at other schools to work with, but since she cared more about us Yellow jackets and our school, she is our new assistant principal. The transition from being a teacher to an assistant principal was a hard one for her, but she felt that she could help students in a different way to be successful, she also feels she can make a difference in our school and the outside community.  

What’s it like to be an assistant principal? She feels like a problem solver, she feels like that’s her daily job. Her favorite part of the school day is “watching us students start the day, getting ready to focus in class, and to be successful.” Elder has put so much effort into this school by helping and teaching at our school for 15 years now, and how moving to a bigger position as an assistant principal to make a bigger impact on our lives and in this school.

Veronica Elder is a YELLOW JACKET AT HEART!   Welcome to your new position.