Chicken wings from Mickey Dee’s? Relax, you’re not going Pollo Loco

Back to Article
Back to Article

Ivy Levan, Reporter

Thought chicken wings were just for KFC? Think again!                 One of the largest fast food industries are coming out with chicken wings…Yes, McDonalds.

After market tests in Atlanta a year ago McDonalds finally decided to launch their new idea. Starting September 9th “Mighty Wings” will be added to their menu. (Offered everywhere September 24th) As of now, depending on how well it goes, it will only be available until November. If you’ve eaten at McDonalds you do know they’re anything but expensive, (unless you’re trying to eat healthy, $5.45 for a salad are you kidding me?!)  These lightly breaded and fried miniature chicken wings and drumsticks will come in three, five, and ten pieces.

Adding chicken wings to their menu is meant to compete with chicken chains as well as other fast food innovations. “Anyone can do nuggets or tenders and almost all burger chains do, but Mighty Wings are different because they’re bone-in chicken,” Scott Hume from Burger Business told Yahoo. Industry analysts are actually quite impressed as well. Restaurant analyst Lynne Collier states, “We view the introduction of Mighty Wings as meaningful catalyst for improved sells.”

McDonalds executives believe Mighty Wings will be a hit, but that’s for you to decide.

Keeping Colton High School informed and entertained since 1917