Keeping Colton High School Informed Since 1917

Girls soccer shoots for league title

Huge 3-1 win over San Gorgonio puts girls in title match against Rim of the World on Thursday.
J. Dollins
Bianca Soto led the charge on Tuesday, scoring 2 goals in Colton’s 3-1 victory over San Gorgonio. The win puts Colton up against Rim of the World on Feb. 1 for the league title.

Colton, CA—Tonight, girls soccer plays for the San Andreas League title against Rim of the World. This game comes after their 3-1 victory over San Gorgonio on Tuesday.

Having earned first place with their 6-2 league record, the Yellowjackets received a first round bye in the league tournament. San Gorgonio defeated Eisenhower 4-0 on Jan. 29.

Bianca Soto led the Yellowjackets with two goals in the victory. Anna Bailey also scored.

The Yellowjackets came in hungry for a win to move on to the next round. But as they started the game, that hunger didn’t show up much on the field.

They struggled to stay calm when they received the ball, showing difficulty connecting passes and finishing their shots.

Bianca Soto finally broke through in the last couple minutes of the first half, scoring on a drive to put Colton up 1-0 going into the break.

In the second half, after a pep talk from the coaches, the girls came back with higher intensity, more communication and fought for the win. 

Anna Bailey struck first, scoring at the 34:41 mark of the half to go up 2-0.

Unfortunately, minutes later, the Spartans scored on a free kick to close the gap, 2-1.

At 13:25, Bianca Soto showed off her skills and put the game away as Colton extended their lead to 3-1.

Tonight, girls soccer will play Rim of the World, who defeated Summit in 3-2 in double overtime on Tuesday. Colton and Rim split their two games this season. Colton won 4-1 on Dec. 7, and Rim won 4-2 on Jan. 18. 

Due to weather conditions, game time is now 5:00 p.m.

Donate to The Pepper Bough
$225
$3000
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Colton High School - CA. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

About the Contributor
Josie Ramos, Staff Writer
Josie Ramos is a freshman at Colton High. This is her first year working for the Pepper Bough.
Donate to The Pepper Bough
$225
$3000
Contributed
Our Goal