Colton blasts past Bloomington Bruins

The Yellowjackets triumphed over the Bloomington Bruins, despite the Bruins having a home field advantage, 37-8, on Friday, Oct. 18

The game was a quiet one until the second quarter, when Yellowjackets’ Linebacker Gil Martinez threw an amazing 17-yard pass to Wide Receiver, Jason Taylor, for a touchdown.  Defensive Back Jared Campa successfully completed the two point conversion. Quarterback Isaiah Cisneros also contributed to the Yellowjackets’ offense with a 6-yard run into the end zone. Heading into the second half, Colton led 16-0.

After the halftime break, Taylor once again exploded on the field with a 51-yard defensive touchdown. Shortly after, Martinez once again connected with Wide Receiver Daniel Aguilar for a 60-yard pass for a touchdown.  Defensive Back Christian Herrera added two more points, completing the conversion. Cisneros capped off Colton’s lead with a 17-yard touchdown. The Bruins quietly posted a 20-yard touchdown in addition to their two point conversion in the fourth quarter.

It was a blowout game for the Colton Yellowjackets in the victory over the Bruins. Colton faces the Titans this Friday night in Grand Terrace.

$735
$10000

Mike Wexler
Mike Wexler, Sports Editor
$735
$10000

Activate Search
Colton blasts past Bloomington Bruins