Last second TD breaks Colton’s heart in thrilling Homecoming game

The Yellowjackets suffered a heartbreaking loss, 42-39, in the homecoming game on Friday, September 28, against San Gorgonio High School’s Spartans. Instead of it being another blowout win, like in the previous game against Cajon, it turned out to be a long night for the boys in Crimson and Gold.
The first half was an all out war. Both teams’ offense was terrific. Scoring touchdown after touchdown, fans were on their feet cheering for their Yellowjackets.  Linebacker, LaVonte Wilson scored two touchdowns in that half, making all the fans thrilled. It was indeed a great half, both teams were dominating, showing how strong their defense and offense were. Defensive back, DeAndre Graham also put forth great effort by scoring a touchdown for the home crowd.
After the halftime homecoming queen crowning, the battle to come out on top continued. Wide Receiver Jason Taylor made an unbelievable 50 yard touchdown after receiving the football from kickoff. Once again, Graham, showing his incredible speed and quickness, scored another touchdown. It was a back-and-forth struggle to regain the lead by both teams. It definitely kept the crowd on its feet. Colton High had a 37-35 lead with only seconds left on the clock, when, all of a sudden, the Spartans threw for a touchdown. Yellowjackets were given extra time, due to a hard foul by the Spartans defensive line. Down by five, CHS was unable to complete the pass in the end zone, losing the game.

In the post game interview, Linebacker Wilson said, “We have to work on our determination and drive, but we still did great as a team.”

$735
$10000

Mike Wexler
Mike Wexler, Sports Editor
$735
$10000

Activate Search