Here’s why “continuing your education” is an important experience during your high school career

Frankie Delgado, Reporter

One of the most important things in life is to continue your education after high school. As a high school senior, I’ve witnessed a variety of students who haven’t been looking forward to the things that I have. Many kids in AVID and advanced placement classes know what the dates November thirtieth, March first and May first meanwhile others live their life like nothing exciting is happening. November thirtieth was the last day to submit UC applications, March first is when admission decisions come out and May first is commitment day to a college. My point is that it’s important to look forward to your future.

Personally, I know that I don’t want to work a nine to five job for the rest of my job listening to others boss me around. Teenagers should be pushing themselves to their full potential to find an interest and pursue it. I know many teens want to pursue music, youtube and gaming however you should still go to college as a plan B just in case anything happens. Having an education is very important in this era because we are all told that we need to go to college so that has caused an abundance of competition to get accepted into one. Nowadays you need more than a high school diploma to get a job so why not just continue.  

Continuing your education is important for you to experience different cultures at your new school. It doesn’t matter whether you-you goes to a community college or university because you’ll still be getting an education in something. College allows students to branch out, experience new things and will give you a lot of networking. I know it will be difficult to juggle school, work, social life, and my mental health but trust me it will be worth it in a few years when you’re able to buy all the things you want. When you’re older you’ll be thanking yourself for putting in so much work and effort to give yourself the best life that you could ever live. Education is the key to living a successful life so you should just keep pushing.