Reasons why you should not slack off after being accepted into your dream school

Rachel Garcia, Reporter

This is the time of year where everything starts to get stressful. Although you got into your dream school there are still many things to do in regards to your school and at your high school.

Sorry to break it to you but even though you got into your number one school the work isn’t done yet. You have to make sure your grades are still high in order for the school to still have you. If you start to do bad academically after you get your acceptance the schools will automatically assume that you are not a qualified candidate due to the lack of interest in school. This is the worst thing to happen to anyone as you worked so hard for over four years to get good grades all to just throw in the trash because you failed a class or more. So overall just keep doing your work and be dedicated to finishing the year strong no matter what.

As seniors start to get senioritis it’s important that they still submit missing documents that the school needs. Many schools send a congratulations email in huge letters and missing documents list at the bottom. Because of this many students only see the “congratulations to…” and close the email without realizing that they need to turn things in still. It’s important to keep this in mind and to stay on top of everything you need to submit to the school.

Overall students should just be focused on obtaining good grades to pass their classes and should check with the school for any missing information. This allows your transition from high school to college easier as you know for sure you have a place to be by next fall. One last thing to do though is to submit your money for your commitment to the college. This lets you relive all your stress about where you’re going. I hope you take this advice and get accepted to the school of your dreams easily.