Be a responsible young adult and check your college student portals

Rachel Garcia, Reporter

As a senior, it’s very exciting to start to finally see all your hard work pay off by being accepted to colleges. It’s a huge accomplishment but it’s also a huge commitment. When being accepted to so many schools you should carefully research what you want to see in a school. By this I mean that you should like the location, the people, the class sizes and etc. there are many things to consider before actually committing to a school. You should think about it carefully because this is a tremendous responsibility for a young adult.

I have personally been accepted to seven colleges ranging from California states to private universities. It’s always good to look more into the schools that I got accepted to analyze my backup choices. This allows students to look into every school financially to see which school offers them the most money. It’s not all about the money for most people though so looking into the schools can help other students see if they actually want to study at that school for four years.

After being accepted to the colleges you would think that the whole process is done however not all schools run like that. Most schools will send a letter and an email saying you got accepted and that’s about it until they send you your financial aid information. Then there are other schools that require students to send extra documents to complete their application. Students should be aware of that as they usually dismiss emails from the schools that they already got accepted to. Checking your school portals a couple of times every week to help you keep track of what schools need from you is the best thing to do. No one wants their acceptance to get taken away from them so, do this for yourself. It’s a lot of responsibility as it holds your next years of schooling. College is a serious thing that can actually put students into debt at an early age so it’s best to do your research and see what you are able to afford realistically.