Graduation ceremony details released

Class of 2024 receive important information to take home to families and friends at annual graduation practice event
J. Dollins
Senior Panoramic of the Class of 2024 taken at graduation practice.

Colton, CA—Colton families, it is that time of the year. The graduation ceremony for the class of 2024 is scheduled for this Thursday, May 23 at 7 p.m. at Colton High School’s Memorial Stadium.

This morning, graduates were presented with essential information by CHS administration to help them prepare themselves and their families for the ceremony.

Here are the important details parents must be aware of before arriving at CHS.

Gates will open at 6 p.m. All guests over 30 inches in height must have a ticket to enter. 

Families attending the ceremony must sit on the side of the field assigned to their graduate. During graduation practice, graduates were given this information and taken through drills to ensure they know where to line up, walk, and sit.

All guests are to be reminded that no balloons, signs, noise makers, strollers, folding chairs, or other distracting items are allowed inside the stadium. Anyone bringing a prohibited item to the gate will be asked to return the item to their vehicle before entry.

Also, controlled substances, alcohol, tobacco, weapons, and explosive devices are prohibited on school grounds. Animals are also prohibited unless authorized by administration.

At 5 p.m., Colton PD will close Rancho Ave. between C St. and H St.. This includes all side streets leading to Rancho Ave.

Graduates must arrive by 5 p.m. The drop off point for families is the staff parking lot on Rancho Ave. Students will check in at that time. All students are required to have their IDs available during check-in. 

After graduation, graduates will head into the Hubbs Gym to pick up their diplomas. Friends and family are encouraged to meet their grads in the Hubbs parking lot, which will stay open for 30 minutes after the ceremony.

Congrats Class of 2024.

$735
$10000

Josie Ramos
Josie Ramos, Staff Writer
Josie Ramos is a freshman at Colton High. This is her first year working for the Pepper Bough.
$735
$10000