Nothing but good vibes at first ever music festival at CHS

Hollister Feel Good Fest selects Colton High as one of 10 schools to host music festival
Elijah Goodman
Boy band Full Circle performed for Colton students at the first ever Feel Good Fest, sponsored by Hollister.

With music festival season already kicked off for the summer, Colton hosted one of its own: the first ever Feel Good Fest. 

Together with High School Nation and sponsored by apparel company Hollister, the Feel Good Fest brought music and interactive booths to the Memorial Stadium field during fifth and sixth periods on May 9. High School Nation is an organization that brings assemblies, festivals, and events to schools free of charge.

“High School Nation was sort of created to help students experience their first concert,” said a Feel Good Festival representative. “I know I had my first concert when I was 19, so most of these kids haven’t had theirs yet.”

Colton was selected as one of only 10 schools in California to host the Festival. Local school Grand Terrace also hosted a festival on May 8.

The festival was held during fifth and sixth periods, featuring performances by Full Circle, Coco Quinn, Marcelo Rubio and American Idol contestant Stefan Benz. CHS students were thrilled by the event. One said, “I liked being introduced to new artists that I hadn’t heard before. It felt like a festival, like Coachella.”

“It was fun,” said junior Nahely Fletes. “There were performers I didn’t know. It was fun to experience something new.”

There were also multiple interactive installations hosted by a few notable brands like Sour Punch’s bouncy house course. Coca-Cola gave away samples of their new flavor, spiced raspberry Coke, and Hollister gave away branded crewnecks to over 200 students. “The line was super long and it was really hot, but it was lowkey worth it because it is good quality,” said one student out on the field.

In addition to the interactive booths, art installations also drew student interest on the field. There were couches made of grass, some abstract statues, and even a huge mirror cube where students could write whatever they wanted on it in marker. 

In between artist sets, festival organizers did giveaways and held contests on stage involving students. 

Students Abigail Jimenez and Thomas Coria won free acoustic guitars for performing in front of their peers during a singing contest. Jimenez won for singing the song “Love” by Keyshia Cole. “I was rooting for Abby,” one of her friends said. “I love the song she sang. She’s a really good singer.”

$735
$10000

Matthew Monge
Matthew Monge, Editor
Matthew Monge is in his junior year and second year writing for the Pepper Bough. He mostly writes about movies and TV and serves as the Entertainment, Arts and Lifestyle editor. He loves arts and entertainment, an in his free time likes to read comics, listen to music andsadlydo homework. Matthew hopes more people eventually join the Pepper Bough so more people have an opportunity to write with them.
$735
$10000