The S.A.I.L Program offers free tutoring every day during lunchtime

Junior+Kaeley+Diaz+works+with+other+students+for+tutoring+at+the+S.A.I.L+Program.+
Erin Dallatorre
Junior Kaeley Diaz works with other students for tutoring at the S.A.I.L Program.

The Strategic, Accountability, Initiative, and Learning, or S.A.I.L, program is a lunchtime tutoring program for students to get extra help with school work or just have a quiet place to enjoy lunch. 

S.A.I.L is operated by Dr Sharma, Ms. Garza, and our bridge tutor Mr. Gutierrez. S.A.I.L was introduced to CHS last year but was only available for a handful of students. But, as of this year, it is now open to all students.

It is held in room 204 during lunch Monday through Friday with a possible schedule change, but it’s unlikely due to there being tutoring in the morning and teachers offering tutoring after school.

S.A.I.L has been made possible with the assistance of our bridge program having partnered with the district. This is why we have our aforementioned bridge tutor, Mr. Gutierrez, as an overseer for S.A.I.L who will be the one in charge in room 204 helping students with any subject they need help with. 

The S.A.I.L program is something that will benefit students who need that extra help in school, with its primary goal according to Mr Gutierrez being: “To educate and help students succeed in the best way possible.”

$735
$10000

About the Contributors
Mark Rodriguez
Mark Rodriguez, Staff Writer
Mark Rodriguez is a sophomore at Colton High School. Other than the fact he is taller than you would expect a 15-year old to be, he's a pretty average high school kid. He tends to get out of line, but he somehow manages to fix that (sometimes). He's "smart" but struggles because of a lack of effort. However, when he tries, he can do excellent work (according to some sources). He likes to make people laugh and smile, but somehow he still struggles to talk to people. This is Mark's second year writing for the Pepper Bough.
Erin Dallatorre
Erin Dallatorre, Editor-in-Chief
Erin Dallatorre has finally hit her senior year at Colton High School. After three long years of writing for the Pepper Bough and winning Journalist of the Year, she’s earned the role of Editor-in-Chief (even though she hates it when Mr. Dollins puts her in the spotlight). Whenever she isn’t going back and forth with her journalism advisor, she’s sharing her time as Drum Major of the CHS Marching Band. She copes with the stress of balancing both responsibilities by spending time with her five pets: three dogs, a cat, and a fish. Sometimes though, even her pets drive her crazy.
$735
$10000