Keeping Colton High School Informed Since 1917

Teacher Appreciation: Mrs. Evelyn Lopez

Our staff writer reflects on the impact Mrs. Lopez has had on his life.
Josie Ramos
Santiago Cabrales with Spanish teacher Mrs. Evelyn Lopez.

Teacher Appreciation Week is a special thing to dedicate time to a teacher and the appreciation and love you have for them.

In every student’s life, there are teachers who leave an indelible mark. My Spanish teacher, Mrs. Evelyn Lopez is one of those true gems in the educational world.

Mrs. Lopez not only teaches Spanish as a language, but also shares the richness of the Hispanic culture in a way that captivates her students. Her enthusiasm for the language and its literature is contagious, with each class becoming a fascinating journey.

What makes Mrs. Lopez so special is her unwavering commitment to the success of her students. She is always willing to provide extra support, explain difficult concepts with patience, and inspire her students to reach their full potential. Her dedication goes beyond the classroom, too. She cares about the well-being of each student and becomes both a mentor and friend.

In addition to her passion for teaching, Mrs. Lopez is an advocate for diversity and inclusion. She fosters an environment in the classroom where every voice is valued and respected, and where cultural diversity is celebrated.

One of the most inspiring aspects of Mrs. Lopez is her creativity in the classroom  Her classes are dynamic and stimulating, full of interactive games and passionate debates. She manages to pique the interest of even the most reserved students, creating a learning environment where everyone feels motivated and engaged.

As one of her students, I have personally experienced the transformative power of Mrs. Lopez’s teaching. She has not only helped me improve my language skills, but has also instilled in me a deep appreciation for the beauty of the Spanish language and the richness of Hispanic culture.The impact she has had on my life extends far beyond the walls of the classroom. Her lessons in empathy, cultural understanding, and open-mindedness have shaped my worldview. Through her teachings, I have learned to appreciate diversity, to embrace different perspectives, and to approach challenges with an open heart and mind. Her guidance has enriched my life in ways I never thought possible.

As I reflect on the countless hours Mrs. Lopez has invested in our learning—the late nights grading papers, the early mornings preparing lessons, and the unwavering support—I am filled with gratitude and admiration. Her dedication to her student’s success, her belief in our potential, and her genuine care for each of us have made a profound impact on my academic journey and personal growth. I am truly fortunate to have her as my Spanish teacher, mentor, and friend.

¡Gracia, Sra. Lopez, por ser una luz brillante en nuestro camino educativo!

Donate to The Pepper Bough
$735
$10000
Contributed
Our Goal

Recently, the CHS Publications Department experienced a major theft as over $20,000 in photography equipment was stolen from our studio over Spring Break. This included all cameras. Any amount you donate will help rebuild our program. Thank you!

About the Contributors
Santiago Cabrales
Santiago Cabrales, Staff Writer
Santiago Cabrales is a sophomore this year and this is his first year writing for the Pepper Bough. He was raised in Colton and has lived here for many years, but recently moved to San Bernardino. He is passionate for his community. Along with his many interests, he loves writing about movies and sports. In his downtime, he loves watching movies, especially horror movies. He's a very quiet, but smart person. He is looking forward to earning some rewards in the future, and hopefully a career involving journalism.
Josie Ramos
Josie Ramos, Staff Writer
Josie Ramos is a freshman at Colton High. This is her first year working for the Pepper Bough.
Donate to The Pepper Bough
$735
$10000
Contributed
Our Goal