Keeping Colton High School Informed Since 1917

Gaming Club accepting all players

Colton High’s Gaming Club offers a wide range of gaming experience for players of all levels
YBK Staff
Gaming Club gives students an opportunity to decompress by playing a variety video games.

Every Wednesday after school, the Colton High Gaming Club meets in room 503 for intense competition and a great time playing a wide range of video games.

The club, which has been very active for the last couple years, is a welcoming group of gamers who enjoy playing on a wide range of consoles, from Nintendo to Xbox to PlayStation.

According to Lucas Duran, the club president, the Gaming Club “is a way to chill and de-stress after school.”

In addition to playing games and enjoying gamer culture, the club is also the starting point for becoming part of the school’s official eSports team. Last year was Colton High’s first year of participation in both the CIF and Play Vs. competitions. The team experienced success getting involved and qualifying for tournament play. This year, they hope for more success.

“We might be doing Mario Kart this year,” said Duran about which game would be featured in this year’s eSports competitions. Last year, they played Super Smash Bros.

What makes this club a great place are the friendships made. Everyone is a good sport, win or lose, and the laughter is often louder than the sound effects on the games themselves.

“I love video games. Video games are freaking awesome,” said club advisor Alexandra Buskirk. “It’s fun to play with other people. What more is there to say?”

The club is open to newcomers and very welcoming too.

Among the members, the most popular games include Super Smash Bros., Mario Kart, and Mario Party.

However, there are plenty of games for each console, and most of the games that are available are multiplayer. If you’re more of a single player person, then don’t worry, they’ve got that too. There’s such a variety of games, you’ll probably have a hard time choosing one. 

Consider joining Gaming Club. It’s a very welcoming and fun experience.

And don’t worry, there are plenty of controllers to go around.

Donate to The Pepper Bough
$735
$10000
Contributed
Our Goal

Recently, the CHS Publications Department experienced a major theft as over $20,000 in photography equipment was stolen from our studio over Spring Break. This included all cameras. Any amount you donate will help rebuild our program. Thank you!

About the Contributor
Ezra Ochoa
Ezra Ochoa, Staff Writer
Ezra Ochoa is a freshman at Colton High School who works for the Pepper Bough. This is his first year working for PB and is looking to have a successful year. He lives over in San Bernardino, but spends a majority of his life here in Colton. Although this is his first time at CHS, all of his older siblings have gone here, giving him a good idea about how things work around the school. He loves to write about what is going on with people and how they feel about the things going on in the school. And a fun little fact: he barely turns 14 on Sept. 1.
Donate to The Pepper Bough
$735
$10000
Contributed
Our Goal