Keeping Colton High School Informed Since 1917

A Real Pizza Boy Delivers at the Oscars?

The 2014 Oscars Host, Ellen Degeneres, also host of the famous talk show, the Ellen Show, made a comedy out of the Oscars as her humor made the crowd laugh and cheer. During the night, directors and writers had talked to Ellen backstage about hiring an actor pizza boy to deliver and serve pizza to the celebrities and nominees. She refused to have an actor play the role, so she suggested calling an actual pizza company to deliver to the Oscars.

Ellen then called Big Mama’s and Papa’s Pizzarea in West Hollywood for a delivery to a group of Hollwood writers at the Oscars. The Pizza Boy, Edgar Martirosyan, recalled in an interview with NY Daily News saying, “They told me I was going to deliver pizzas for writers, and then when I went there, Ellen came out and told me, “Just Follow Me”. I wasn’t nervous, I was cool, and then I was shocked. I didn’t know what was going on.” After he appeared at the Oscars, Edgar was given music celebrity, Pharell’s famous trademark hat and which Ellen passed around to get money from the crowd. Ellen collected a total of $600 for the pizza and added $400 of her own money to tip Edgar, a very good tip indeed. It was a very interesting concept at the 2014 Oscars, as food was delivered for the nominees and celebrities for the first time in Oscars history.

Donate to The Pepper Bough
$735
$10000
Contributed
Our Goal

Recently, the CHS Publications Department experienced a major theft as over $20,000 in photography equipment was stolen from our studio over Spring Break. This included all cameras. Any amount you donate will help rebuild our program. Thank you!

About the Contributor
Mike Wexler
Mike Wexler, Sports Editor
Donate to The Pepper Bough
$735
$10000
Contributed
Our Goal

Activate Search