Keeping Colton High School Informed Since 1917

Wrestler Hidalgo ranked #19 in state

Junior Joel Hildago has the distinction of being ranked #19 in the state of California for wrestling. Hidalgo has competed against some of the best in California, he has won every one of his matches this year.
It must have been an amazing feeling never having lost a match the entire year. Hidalgo agreed, smiling and saying “I couldn’t believe it myself. I was speechless.” When his coach called him at one in the morning letting him know about his ranking, he was so ecstatic he woke up his whole family to tell them the good news.

“I’ve sacrificed friends, hanging out, and a lot of time because all I do is wrestle and do my homework.” Hidalgo said as he explained his lifestyle. But all the things he gave up in the beginning would soon pay off.

Hidalgo motivates himself before every match with music–preferably gangster rap.  His inspirations are all his coaches. Hildago is pushing himself harder than ever next season; his goal is to take first in State and he has all of Colton supporting him and cheering him on.

Allen Bradford, Shareece Wright, Jimmy Smith, and Desiree Serrano all made it out of Colton by doing what they do best and playing the sport they love, and Colton is ready to see Joel Hildago do the same.

Donate to The Pepper Bough
$735
$10000
Contributed
Our Goal

Recently, the CHS Publications Department experienced a major theft as over $20,000 in photography equipment was stolen from our studio over Spring Break. This included all cameras. Any amount you donate will help rebuild our program. Thank you!

About the Contributor
Justice Sandoval
Justice Sandoval, Editor in Chief
Donate to The Pepper Bough
$735
$10000
Contributed
Our Goal

Activate Search
Wrestler Hidalgo ranked #19 in state