Student’s plans after graduation

Students plans after graduation

Alyssa Wilborn, Reporter

Graduation is only a couple of months away and for us seniors it’s so hectic trying to keep our attendance and grades up for our senior festivities such as Prom, Grad Nite, and obviously graduation. Once this is all over, “What’s the plan after high school?” everyone asks. After interviewing some of my senior classmates I was able to get different plans after graduation. Many of us plan to attend college; some go to a community college and others go straight into a Cal State or a 4-year university. On the other hand, there were a handful of students who said that once they graduate, they are finished with school. I was in complete shock to hear so many of my classmates say that, but I completely understand that school isn’t for everyone.

As for me, my plan after graduation is to attend RCC for two years until I get my Associates Degree. After that, I’m considering transferring out to a Cal State or a 4-year university. However, I’m still undecided. I’m not worrying too much about transferring out because I still have two years to decide on what to major in. The only thing I am worried about is what RCC campus I’m going to attend.

After interviewing other seniors I was so happy to hear about the college acceptances they had received. Especially if it was one of the top schools they wanted to attend. Doing this story, made me feel sad at one point, but also happy at the same time because I had a realization that I am almost done with this chapter of my life and will soon open a new one. Time really does fly so a word of advice would definitely be to cherish high school and participate in school festivities because you’ll regret it later.