And Your 2023 Homecoming Court Winners are . . .

After a couple weeks of anticipation, campaigning and promoting, our Homecoming Court finalists were revealed last Friday
Homecoming+2023+has+been+pushed+back.+
Jeremiah Dollins
Homecoming 2023 has been pushed back.

Colton, Ca—Over the school’s intercom right after the daily morning announcements on Friday morning, Sep. 22, members of ASB revealed our Homecoming 2023 Underclassmen and Senior Court.

With such a big announcement meaning so much to the nominees, it would only be right to document their responses as they found out they made the cut. Especially for the Seniors, who now have made it to the 2nd Round and are even closer to winning the crown for King and Queen.

The second round of voting gets underway on Oct. 3-4 to determine this year’s King and Queen. The grand reveal will take place during halftime at the Homecoming game on Oct. 20.

The underclassmen winners are:

Freshman Princess: Marlee Gonzales

Freshman Prince: Koa Regalado

Sophomore Princess: Yesenia Nunez

Sophomore Prince: Jonathan Monroy

Junior Princess: Aubriana Burgos

Junior Prince: Isaiah Delgado

And for your 2023 Homecoming Court, we have:

Queen: Savanah Garcia, Lisa Lujan, Denise Lupian, Rosario Ornelas, and Madison “The Banana” Prieto

King: James Gonzales, Elijah Goodman, Isaac Ornelas, Joseandres Pernillo, and Roman Torrero

$735
$10000

About the Contributors
Erin Dallatorre
Erin Dallatorre, Editor-in-Chief
Erin Dallatorre has finally hit her senior year at Colton High School. After three long years of writing for the Pepper Bough and winning Journalist of the Year, she’s earned the role of Editor-in-Chief (even though she hates it when Mr. Dollins puts her in the spotlight). Whenever she isn’t going back and forth with her journalism advisor, she’s sharing her time as Drum Major of the CHS Marching Band. She copes with the stress of balancing both responsibilities by spending time with her five pets: three dogs, a cat, and a fish. Sometimes though, even her pets drive her crazy.
Jeremiah Dollins
Jeremiah Dollins, Adviser

Jeremiah Dollins is in his third year as adviser for the award-winning Pepper Bough, Colton High School’s official source of news and entertainment. This is his 24th year in education, where he has taught students in grades 7-12 everything from English to Film Studies. His passions include writing and talking about movies, graphic design, and photography. For the Pepper Bough, he frequently contributes sports reporting, film reviews, and other odds-and-ends as he works with students to support their emergence as the next generation of journalists.

$735
$10000