Keeping Colton High School Informed Since 1917

Club Rush swarms DC Lane

The annual event introduces some new clubs, brings back old favorites and offers students a taste of extra curricular fun
Crimson & Gold Staff
DC Lane was swarming with Yellowjackets during Club Rush on Sep. 14.

Colton, CA—During lunch on Sep. 14, DC Lane was buzzing with Yellowjackets participating in the annual Club Rush event. The event, designed to promote the school’s various clubs, organizations, and teams, featured a broad range of interactive booths.

This year introduced the school to a new club, the Dreamer Allies Club. This club is here to provide support for second language students in need of help with their skills with English.

Other clubs showed changes. The Dance Club, which showcases the school’s Dance Team, has a new adviser, Ms. Evelyn Lopez. And the Gaming Club, who broke into CIF gaming last year, showed off their growing membership.

Meanwhile, established clubs continued to draw new interest. Sports teams, like both boys and girls basketball made their presence felt. And both the HEAL Club and the Wellness Club continued providing positive spaces for students interested in medicine and mental health.

Josiah Diggs is definitely ballin’ as he shows off his basketball skills out by the team’s booth. (Crimson & Gold Staff)

Ms Medina and the Dreamer Allies Club make their entrance by selling duros for students to snack on during lunch, The Dreamer Allies Club is made for our second language students who are still working to improve their English skills, (Crimson & Gold Staff)

The Gaming Club has grown a lot this year. This club rush made their original three members look insignificant compared to how many people signed up. They even had a Promethean board out on DC Lane for anyone to come by and play a couple rounds of Super Smash Brothers. (Crimson & Gold Staff)

CHS students really do take a lot of interest in different cultures, and it would seem that Chinese is the most popular among them. Ms. Lin and her students show off some of the activities the club does. (Crimson & Gold Staff)

Our new band director, Mr. Aron Campbell makes an appearance at the CHS club rush to check out the new sign ups for the marching band. (Crimson & Gold Staff)

The entire lunch area at CHS was swarmed on Thursday… with Colton’s very own Yellowjackets at this year’s club rush! (Crimson & Gold Staff)

Hopefully this banana, Madison Prieto, makes the opposing teams slip up this season as the girls’ basketball team takes the court to win again, again, and again! (Crimson & Gold Staff)

Representatives for the U.S. Marines were out at Club Rush to promote their recruitment programs. They even had a chin-up bar for tough students to participate in pull-up competitions. (Crimson & Gold Staff)

The Dance Club made a strong showing for a third year with their new advisor Ms. Evelyn Lopez. Along with their wide range of music genres to work with, Dance club is sure to give CHS events a real show all year long. (Crimson & Gold Staff)

Our Yearbook class supplying us not only with these great photos you’re seeing now, but also the yearbook that is going to hold most of the memories we make this year. Editor-in-Chief Alyssa Garcia was joined by Production Manager Jocelyn Palmerin and editor Johanna Cabrera to promote the program and give out candy. (Crimson & Gold Staff)
Donate to The Pepper Bough
$735
$10000
Contributed
Our Goal

Recently, the CHS Publications Department experienced a major theft as over $20,000 in photography equipment was stolen from our studio over Spring Break. This included all cameras. Any amount you donate will help rebuild our program. Thank you!

About the Contributor
Mark Rodriguez
Mark Rodriguez, Staff Writer
Mark Rodriguez is a sophomore at Colton High School. Other than the fact he is taller than you would expect a 15-year old to be, he's a pretty average high school kid. He tends to get out of line, but he somehow manages to fix that (sometimes). He's "smart" but struggles because of a lack of effort. However, when he tries, he can do excellent work (according to some sources). He likes to make people laugh and smile, but somehow he still struggles to talk to people. This is Mark's second year writing for the Pepper Bough.
Donate to The Pepper Bough
$735
$10000
Contributed
Our Goal