Keeping Colton High School Informed Since 1917

BAs to be available at community colleges soon

There is no need for transfers from a community college to a university;  if you are looking to earn your bachelor’s degree look no further than your nearby community college.

On September 28 California Governor Jerry Brown signed legislation that allows California community colleges to award bachelor’s degrees in fields not currently served by the California State University or University of California.

California has come to the realization that most students can’t afford to attend a university, so why not allow community colleges to award bachelors and let students attend all four years at the school they started off at.

“Thanks to the governor, legislature, and college educators who supported this bill, like chancellor Constance Carroll of San Diego, the country’s  largest system of higher education joins the ranks of community colleges in other states that offer four-year degree’s.”  Said California community colleges chancellor Brice W. Harris.

The passing of this law will have a tremendous outcome. There will be more people going to college which means more people will be getting jobs and that is something that will have a great impact on our economy.  The only question that is still left is will the criteria to get in get more difficult or will it remain the same?

Donate to The Pepper Bough
$735
$10000
Contributed
Our Goal

Recently, the CHS Publications Department experienced a major theft as over $20,000 in photography equipment was stolen from our studio over Spring Break. This included all cameras. Any amount you donate will help rebuild our program. Thank you!

About the Contributor
Justice Sandoval
Justice Sandoval, Editor in Chief
Donate to The Pepper Bough
$735
$10000
Contributed
Our Goal

Activate Search