CHS Makes Dreams Come True

The Dreamers Allies Club makes a new and inclusive addition to CHS
The+Dreamer+Allies+Club+sells+chilindrinas+preparadas+and+rusas+at+lunch+for+the+Hispanic+Heritage+Month+celebration.+
Natalia Padilla
The Dreamer Allies Club sells chilindrinas preparadas and rusas at lunch for the Hispanic Heritage Month celebration.
The Dreamer Allies welcome in students into their first Dreamers Conference. (Mia Zamora)

Colton High School has been known as a home to many Hispanic students in the following years. It’s helped demonstrate itself as a way for these students to celebrate their culture. Students have showcased their appreciation of their heritage at CHS through music, events and even a new club on campus. 

The Dreamers Allies Club was formed this school year, 2023. It was founded on the basis of providing inclusion among students with different backgrounds and languages, allowing for exchange and international students to form lifelong connections. The club positively enables students to embrace their culture and gain a better understanding of each other.

School officials and teachers make their presence known at the Conference. (Mia Zamora)

Founded by Senior Leslie Saldana and teachers Carlota Ramirez and Alexandra Medina, they’ve worked hard together to provide opportunities for students of different backgrounds. Such as providing a space for these students to perform different activities. These activities include school-planned events where many students can get involved and more one-on-one activities like practicing English.

The club has become a smashing success in the CHS community, not only among Hispanic students but also among students from other backgrounds. The Dreamer’s Allies Club’s goal of bringing everyone together has become a new beacon of hope for those who wish to make a connection and find a community on campus. Along with helping to build connections, the club also strives to provide for and accept students who may need more assistance than others. 

The Dreamers Allies Club has made it possible to aid these students by creating their own scholarship as well. The club utilizes its future funds from its fundraisers and turns it into something more than simply that. The scholarship allows students to receive financial help in paying for their future studies within the United States, and starting a new chapter in their lives. 

The Dreamer Allies club members eagerly listen and discuss future plans and events for the club. (Mia Zamora)

Medina shared,  “I love serving my community. And I’m really proud to be Latina and I’m really proud to be Hispanic. So if I can serve as a role model to any of my students, or if I can help them in any way that I can, that’s what I’m here for.”

Sharing experiences has become one of the main ways these students can connect. The Dreamers Allies Club is looking forward to creating an environment in which students can express themselves on campus. 

$735
$10000

Mia Zamora
Mia Zamora, Staff Writer
Mia Zamora is currently a senior at Colton High School. She enjoys everyday actvities such as drawing, playing music, designing and sees herself as quite an artist. This is her first year writing for the Pepper Bough, but she is invovled in AVID, National Honor Society, Wellness Club, and the swim team. She hopes to pave a way for change through her writing.
$735
$10000