A Club Dedicated To Peace and Understanding

Perhaps you have heard of a club on campus we used to have called BSU (Brothers and Sisters United.) Well if you haven’t, it is a club where everyone unites as one to bring harmony to the school’s campus.

Active for more than 10 years, the BSU club exists to help students get a better understanding and respect for different races and cultures. The club also shows the point of views of people as an awesome creation with purpose and destiny.

In previous years, the club has mainly focused on the perspective of African American students at CHS. By performing dances, poetry, skits, and profiling significant people from the past, the club tries to get rid of the stereotypes created by people around the world.

Currently, this club is inactive, but CHS Biology teacher Dawud Aasiya-Bey (who is currently in charge of the club) is planning to bring it back because of the club’s success in the past. Aasiya-Bey is planning to make announcements about the club and see where that will lead them.

This club does activities (mentioned before) such as dances, poetry, skits, reading, music and active participation in the community. BSU also helps students to find resources as they plan for higher education or careers after graduating high school.

According to Aasiya-Bey, BSU members get into groups to discuss how to get a better understanding of dynamics and concerns in race relationships. Members can also express the talents and gifts they have by participating in the club’s talent shows, assemblies, etc.

The club plans to meet up every Thursday after school for about a hour or two depending on the club activity. Make sure to stay tuned in on when this club will be active again by listening to the morning announcements and come join this club in bringing harmony to Colton High as well as outside of it.

$735
$10000

Alexis Ponce
Alexis Ponce, Reporter
$735
$10000

Activate Search