Make-a-Wish comes through for cancer-striken woman

In April, 18 year old Leslie Rivera was diagnosed with leukemia. Leslie spent all her summer in the hospital with her high school sweetheart Daniel Mendez by her side. The couple met at an anti-racism group on campus in October 2012. Since then they have been inseparable, it is true love.

Her one wish before she died was to marry the love of her life and have a beautiful wedding. Make-A-Wish knew they had to act fast. David Tutera, the celebrity wedding planner, did everything he could to make it the best night of her life. The date was set for November 21 and it was most definitely beautiful and a night for everyone to remember.  This beautiful event was held at Rancho Las Lomas in Orange County. Her bridal wish was to have a photo booth and chocolate fountain, which was taken care of.  It was a perfect night for such a loving and beautiful woman. On December  5 , Tutera posted on Facebook  ‘It’s with a heavy heart to tell you that my beautiful Make-A-Wish America bride, Leslie, peacefully passed away last night with her husband Daniel and her family by her side.’ Many people are mourning over this young lady’s death and our prayers go out to her family.

$735
$10000

Justice Sandoval
Justice Sandoval, Editor in Chief
$735
$10000

Activate Search