The grass is always greener when it’s new turf

For the past couple of years Colton High’s football field turf has been taking some heavy damage, but now the turf has been completely redone. Having some of the designs from the older football field might cause some not to notice its new appearance, but if you take a good look it is brand spanking new. The Company that redid the field is called Fields Turf and they started to redo the field when summer school began. Being only the football fields’ turf the project took about a month to complete. Assistant Principal Brian Pope explained the need for a new field: “The reason that the school wanted to redo the football turf was because it was ten years old. It had damage that exceeded the cost of repair, so what we did was just had the field replaced all together.’’  Another reason was that the field had failed impact test which would put the Colton High athletes in danger. Now the field is entirely new, as well the goal posts.

The total cost of the field was around $500,000, and that money came from district funding. For those students and staff who might have said, ‘’Why not spend that money on new textbooks, new desks or school supplies for the students and teachers?’’ Athletic Director Sunderland responded, saying, “The teachers did have their say in where the money was going according to the district’s survey. One of the things surveyed was the general shape of facilities and specifically sports facilities, so some were in for the repair of the sports facilities.”

The football players really like the new field and they feel a lot safer practicing and playing games now. Not only the football players, but the rest of Colton High’s sports seem to love the new field as well. Now with the new field Colton High sports and games will be better than ever.

$735
$10000

Fidel Elenes
Fidel Elenes, Reporter
$735
$10000

Activate Search