Keeping Colton High School Informed Since 1917

Could It Be True? Two Years Of Free Community College

When money is scarce, who ya gonna call? Obama! Two years of free tuition is President Barack Obama’s vision for the future 2015 college students of the United States. If everything goes as planned, this will bring up the economy, although the government will be spending roughly $60 billion over the span of ten years to maintain this plan. The Federal Government will only be paying about three-quarters of the costs leaving the rest to the states. It is possible, though not yet confirmed, that Obama will reserve Pell Grant money to pay for costs such as books, transportation, food, and housing.

To receive the two years of community college tuition you must maintain a grade point average of 2.5 and make “steady progress” towards their degree. About 40% of college students end up dropping out because of financial issues and this plan would allow for learning without the pressure of having to pay another semester of college. According to the White House Fact Sheet, community colleges would have to strengthen their programs and increase the number of students who graduate when this plan is put into effect.

This plan for giving college students two years of free college tuition would really lift some weight off of their shoulders. This plan is very important to the high school students, waiting to start college, in America and is strongly back by them as well. It is a dream for most to be able to go to college and especially to go to college for free.

This plan would be a real game changer for everyone waiting to go to college and for those who have already started. We will all be waiting patiently for this the plan to go through and if it does our live as students striving for knowledge/education will dramatically change in a great way.

Donate to The Pepper Bough
$735
$10000
Contributed
Our Goal

Recently, the CHS Publications Department experienced a major theft as over $20,000 in photography equipment was stolen from our studio over Spring Break. This included all cameras. Any amount you donate will help rebuild our program. Thank you!

About the Contributor
Rickey Ramirez
Rickey Ramirez, Reporter
Donate to The Pepper Bough
$735
$10000
Contributed
Our Goal

Activate Search