When all the laughter died in sorrow: Robin Williams (1951-2014)

Robin Williams brought laughter, joy, and tears to the lives of many people who watched his heart warming performances. Now this legendary actor has died from something that we would have never expected from him, suicide. His death was reported as a suicide by hanging on August 11, 2014. No one would have thought that someone so seemingly happy would do something so tragic. Along with the hanging Williams also had several cuts on his left wrist. 15% of suicides are cause by depression and it seems to most that this is what caused him to do it.

Depression is very hard to detect and most people who knew Williams personally had no clue of his illness. Depression is an illness that can get in the way of everyday day life, causing pain to those who suffer from it. People deal with depression in many different ways, one of the ways by taking antidepressants. Even with all of the support and encouragement people gave Williams, he still had trouble with his illness. If you don’t catch depression early on it can get worse and become a big problem in your life.

Robin Williams was well known for starring in comedies such as Mrs.Doubtifre (1993), Jumani (1995), Jack (1996), and RV (2006). He also flexed his dramatic acting chops in such films as One Hour Photo (2002), August Rush (2007), and The Fisher King (1991).

Robin Williams first started his career as a standup comedian in Los Angeles and San Francisco during the mid-1970’s. Then in the late 70’s and early 80’s he played Mork in the TV series “Mork and Mindy.”. Then after that he continued doing stand up and featuring in some films. He was also featured in Bobby McFerrin’s music video “Don’t worry be happy.”  Robin Williams was nominated for an Academy Award for best actor three times. He won the Academy Award for best supporting actor in his performance in Goodwill Hunting. He also received two Emmy awards, four Golden Globe awards, two Screen Actors Guild awards, and five Grammy awards.

Because of Robin Williams’ great impact in many people’s childhoods and lives, many people will miss him. Although he is gone he will continue to live on through his heart warming films and the laughter he has left behind.

$735
$10000

Gorge Serrano
Gorge Serrano, Reporter
$735
$10000

Activate Search