Colton High School Alumni Comes Back to Speak with the Kids about Media and News

Cassandra Covarrubias, Reporter

Recently, famous KCET-TV  cameraman Louie Fuerte visited our school and spoke about his highs and lows of being a television cameraman. He went to the navy and felt like he need to do more once he finished being a navy Seal. So he went into a college and studied the work of being a cameraman. Fuerte looked everywhere for a job and he started from the bottom. He did not automatically start from being a cameraman. At first, he would monitor things and made sure everything was running smoothly. Then one time he had received a call asking if he can film for NBC.

Fuerte had worked with them for a bit and then met Huell Howser. He had wanted to work with him so, he gave him his information and waited for a call from him. A week later, Howser had contacted him and their bond had started there. Together they recorded a series called “California’s Gold.” In later years, Louie Fuerte had won a nobel prize for his amazing camera work and even published a book called “Louie, Take a Look at This! My Time with Huell Howser.” His actions and accomplishments have made Colton High very proud.

Keeping Colton High School informed and entertained since 1917