Colton JV Volleyball team falls to Arlington, 0-2

Marlene Perez, Reporter

Colton’s  JV volleyball team loses against Arlington High School 0-2. The game started off with Arlington serving at us. They were leading on the scoreboard by their serves with 3 points. The starting six on the court playing Arlington’s serves were Alexis Saragosa, Kiana Guadalajara, Ashley Limon, Tiffany Santoscoy, Alexandria Trujillo, and Alison Nunez.

We had a bad start with Arlington’s serves; after a while the starting players started to notice that Arlington’s serves were short. After Arlington scored 8 points on us, we started catching up; going back and forth on the scoreboard. Arlington beat us with a score 25-19 in the first play. As soon as the second game was about to start JV had a quick pep talk about how we should communicate more on the court, being more aware, and being consistent.

The second game had started with Colton serving at Arlington; our first server during the time was Alexis Saragosa, who missed her first serve ending up short and towards the net. Soon enough Arlington started leading on the scoreboard by 7 points, once we won the ball back to serve we started catching up and passed Arlington by 3 points. As we were getting closer to winning, along the way we were encouraging each other to be aggressive and just hyping each other up to have better focus and confidence.

Towards the end of the game, we felt great winning, but the amount of confidence we had got to our heads too quick and made us slack a bit, to where we were giving points away to the other team. Unfortunately, this came to the result of Arlington winning with a score of 25- 22. We will get them next game ladies, keep your heads up!