Girl’s Varsity Volleyball Wins in Glory

Mario Fierro, Reporter

Thursday 24th of August 2017 the Girl’s Varsity Volleyball team had a match against Chaffey High School in Ontario and had an outstanding game by taking the win and going home with a smile. Nautyka Diaz said “we played the best out of 5,” they won the first game against Chaffey 25-11. Stormy Amaya had 35 assist, 11 digs, 2 kills, 1 ace. Nautyka Diaz had 3 aces, 8 kills, and 7 digs. Victoria Oliaz had 1 ace and 8 kills.

Nautyka Diaz, Senior #3 Varsity player, went into the game with the mindset of a cheetah wanting a gazelle. I asked Nautyka on what she feels about her last year at Colton, “it’s a bittersweet feeling of course I’m happy to leave high school but I’ll also miss my friends and playing volleyball with them, but I’ll always have the great memories that we’ve made.” Nautyka’s position is outside and left side. Her goal for this year is to play every game like if it’s her first time being on the court, she is an aggressive self motivated player, and that’s what Colton is all about! Nautyka started playing when she was 10, it’s been 8 years of playing volleyball for her. One thing that motivates her is listening to music, “it helps me get my mind set for the game, gets rid of the distractions and makes me focus.” She is mentally prepared for every game that gets thrown at her.