Softball Go 50/50 in First Two Rounds against Huskies and Blackhawks

Mario Fierro, Reporter

The Girls Varsity Softball team had an all day tournament on Tuesday, March 3rd starting off with the Citrus Valley Blackhawks in their first round game which ended in a loss of 12-2. However, that didn’t stop the Girls as they would win in the last game against the JW North Huskies their second game with a score of 11-4.

In the first game, the lady Jackets struggled to keep batting against the Blackhawks, ending the innings quick with little errors. Colton did land some key offense but it would only last till the seventh inning where Citrus Valley ultimately took control. Although the errors were small, they would come back to haunt Colton as they could not stop the opposing side’s hot offense, losing to Citrus Valley 12-2.

But the Girls redeemed themselves in the next game against JW North Huskies winning with a score of 11-4. they did amazing their second game making diving catches, throwing crazy balls to 1st base to get the runners out, running out to go catch a pop fly, the girls strongly communicated. Both Sophomore L’oreal Fuerte and Senior Cassandra Ramirez helped the team get back into shape as they got key double plays, tremendous outs and a combined five runs, to get the offense rolling for the team. This victory would get them confident towards the next rounds of the tournament, where they would be eliminated later on.