Girls’ basketball closes season with rivalry game

Jazmine Trujillo, Reporter

On February 9, 2017 it was time for the girls basketball to say goodbye, especially to the seniors, who are Gissel Rubio, Jasmine Cardenas, Trinique Jonzun, Alexis Acevedo,  Alyssa Cordova, Johanna Najera. It was an emotional night for all of us. February 9, 2017, senior night, our last game, against our rivals, Grand Terrace.

The was tension all around the room, there was no denying that. You can tell that Colton really wanted to win this game. The first buzzer went off, notifying the Lady Yellowjackets that it was time to face the Titans. Colton has been practicing 3 hours everyday throughout the past 3 weeks just for this game, and this was the time to show off what they could do. GT and Colton stared at each other for a long time, then the ball went up.

On February 9, 2017 both Varsity and JV lost against to the Titans.

This season was great for the both of Varsity and JV teams.  There were some good times and some bad times for them. Both of them improved greatly from last year, but yet started their season late. We all know it isn’t the end for some of the players either and they are not going to stop until they get their shot, it is not over for them and they will improve each and every year.

We asked some seniors what they feel about not just leaving school but leaving basketball, Senior Trinique Jonzun said, “I’ll admit that I can’t wait to leave high school, but I hate the fact I have to leave the people that I grew a bond with, but I know that it is my time to start my life as an adult.”

We are all going to miss our seniors this year, but they have to go. We had a great season, Lady Yellowjackets.