Girls Volleyball Wins in a Close 4 Game Series, 3-1, against Jurupa Hills

Chantz Horton, Reporter

On Sept 8th, Colton High School’s Girls Volleyball varsity team competed against the Ladies of Jurupa Hills High School in Fontana.  First match begins with both teams starting off strong, with Junior, Stormy Amaya serving the ball but the ladies of Colton attempt to fight for their stake in the game. The Lady Jackets starts out strong keeping pace with Jurupa until the score with a dive by Valeria Vallarta to save the ball in which Jurupa is unable to return once it reaches over the net pulling Colton in the lead. However, Colton fell behind as the girls struggled with returning volleys to the opposing team. As the match continues the Colton Girls continue to have trouble returning the ball to the opposing team, in which Jurupa hills takes the lead with a small point difference, 7-3, Colton then catch up trailing behind 1 point. However Jurupa Hills takes a small lead which they continued to gain against the colton girls eventually pulling ahead until the final score of the first match being 25-15.  Jurupa took the lead in the first match leaving the score 1-0.

Second match starts, Colton starts off rough falling behind in this match early on, while Jurupa takes the early lead. Colton Struggles but makes a comeback and dominate the game pulling ahead of their competitors.The Colton girls poured their hearts out in the match. As they continued to fight their way to the top of the match, eventually dominate the second match to a score of 12-25 Bringing the score to a tie.

The 3rd match of this instalment was very similar to the first match Jurupa hills having a small lead which eventually turned into a large leading in which they won leaving the score 2-1. The 4th and final match was the most heartfelt. Both teams gave it their all wanting to come out on top. Jurupa Hills started off the match leading until the score became 11-11 and then Colton girls pulled ahead with a small lead until it was a fight to win, the final score was a close 25-21 with Jurupa taking the win with the final score of 3-1