Are field trips getting less and less better?

Adriana Medina, Reporter

Field trips are mostly for education purposes. Most field trips are either about animals, history, or science. But why can’t we have fun field trips? We learn a lot in school so why can’t they give us a break to have fun? A lot of schools have field trips to six flags, fiesta village (etc) but most of the time only kids with good grades are only allowed to go. what i think is there should be field trips for every student to go to, because I believe every student tries hard no matter what they’re grades are. I think schools should have better field trips. And what I mean by that, is field trips to the beach, water parks, or amusement parks. I know most schools already have those field trips, but most students aren’t allowed to go.

“School should be a place to not only learn, but to have fun”. This quote was said in the article “field trips for school”. I agree, because most schools give students a hard time, by causing stress with homework, or even anxiety. Yes we have passing periods, but it may not be enough time to calm down. I think schools should have places to take the students that way they can relax for a bit. A great way for someone to relax, is by having fun with they’re friends and going out. Which is why schools should have field trips (for example) to amusement parks, water parks, the beach, or any park in general. Some teachers disagree with me. One teacher, said that field trips should be educational. She said “while kids are having fun, they should also be learning new things”. I agree on that part, but i do think not everything should be about learning. Some kids don’t get enough freedom after school, because they may have homework. Which is why I think they should have a break. Overall in my opinion i think that schools should have better field trips. Some kids deal with stress at home and can never find a calm or fun place. I think by having a chance to go to a fun field trip to take things off their mind is a good idea.