Be yourself: everyone else is already taken

Louis Beltran, Reporter

Society is so polluted with bad egos and people stereotyping others on everything they do. People will forever have an opinion on others’ lives and not their own and our society is so dumb that we give in to the peer pressure. If people say to live life a certain way, we do, just so it looks like we are cool or fit in. That doesn’t make you cool.

What is really cool? You being able to be yourself.

At the end of the day, if you act like something you’re not, then who are you doing it for? If you are not yourself, then who are you, really? This goes out to everybody who cares how others perceive you. In the long run, it doesn’t matter–after high school, you won’t see half the people that judged you. Then what?

Why not just be yourself in this world? You could show people your knowledge and creativity and might amaze others.
Today people care so much about how others perceive them. People care too much on how society views their life. People base their lives on how others view them through the outside lens, but nobody sees the inside of that person. Only that person knows their true self: what people are capable of and smart enough to do. That’s how I know the world is crashing down on us. We don’t need a apocalypse to decide the extinction of humanity–it’s already dying out. Sooner or later we will just wake up and realize the charade we live in, but by then it will all be over. Our brains will be imprisoned, trapped behind our own stupidity.