DACA is proven to help immigrant students

Andy Calvillo, Reporter

DACA was created in 2007 to protect many illegal immigrant children pursuing an education, and seems like a very useful program which promises the safety of the illegal immigrant children. As beneficial as this may be, it all can change soon; scaring millions of immigrant children working hard in school. Donald Trump is in full force to stop the millions of illegal immigrants in the U.S. It doesn’t matter if you had no choice coming into the states illegally due to your parents, if you weren’t born here you might get the boot back to Mexico. One bad aspect of all this is many DACA students have never been to Mexico and some may not even speak Spanish, since they were raised here in the United States. They’re completely used to the way of living here in the “land of the free” and they can’t even visit Mexico because they’ll risk getting stuck there permanently. After Donald Trump’s best effort, the federal appeal court blocks the Trump administration from taking DACA away from the millions of students who just want to have the opportunity to study here in the United States and have a higher chance of a successful career. I don’t understand why Trump wanted to get rid of it in the first place. These students are working to stay here in the U.S., so what would we gain from kicking out the hard working students who want to be the biggest contributing citizens of our society?