Brett Kavanaugh accused of sexual assault

Cristian Juarez-Diaz, Reporter

Brett M. Kavanaugh, a nominee for supreme court has been accused of sexual assault by Christine Blasey Ford, a research psychologist. This allegation happened decades ago as she says she was sexually assaulted at a high school party. WashingtonPost.com states, “The investigation was always unlikely to prove whether Kavanaugh is guilty of sexual misconduct decades ago.” This means that they were not able to gather enough evidence due to it being decades ago when it did happen.

President Trump has also regarded on this issue and is in favor with Kavanaugh being a nominee for the supreme court. Trump has even mocked Blasey for the answers she gave when she was interviewed. Trump is for Kavanaugh and seems like he will defend him and prove him not guilty. The reason why Trump had mocked Blasey was because she did give specific answers to help herself prove that Kavanaugh sexually abused her.

The White House was secretly restricting the FBI from delving deeply into Kavanaugh’s drinking during his college and high school years, and exploring to see if he lied to congress about his alcohol use.

During this investigation they had plans to interview and contact ten different people but only got nine to interview. Blasey was also interviewed but not by the FBI but by her team and had said that Kavanaugh had groped and forced her into a bed during a school gathering, which helped spark the background check. During this the FBI interviewed not her but the people who attended the party: Mark Judge, Patrick Smyth, Leland Keyser. So far, the FBI have not found anything that might prove Kavanaugh guilty but so far no one knows how this will turn out.