House of representatives to make changes for stricter gun laws

Brian Navarro, Reporter

Following the aftermath of the Stoneman Douglas shooting in Florida and several other deadly school shootings, the House of Representatives has finally made some changes. There’s only one problem with the alterations within the new bill passed. It does not include any gun reform as state government fears going against the National Rifle Association (NRA). The U.S. House of Representatives approved spending money on school safety including bigger gates, more locks, and AL detectors. Although this was passed we received no feedback on gun reform. Students are still marching to this day until they receive the rights they deserve to prevent such a tragedy from repeating itself once again. 75 million will be spent on school security from 2019-2028. The bill itself wasn’t enough to satisfy most United States citizens remorse over the lives lost. This is viewed as a first step in the entire process of improving security as a whole. Donald Trump himself was indefinite favor of the bill passed. The republican association office has decided to curb gun laws and tighten certain restrictions. It will overall take a while for these bills to pass. We hope to see stricter background checks and maybe a removal of buttstocks.