CHS says farewell to AP Brian Pope; was a Yellowjacket alum

Audrey Leonard, Reporter

Everyone knows Brian Pope around the school as one of Colton High’s APs. Sadly, the 2015-2016 school year is his last year here at CHS. Pope will be moving on to be an AP at Bloomington High next year.

“This was a decision between the district and I to help me grow as an Administrator,” says Pope.

Colton High will always be Pope’s home, he reflects, saying, “it will be bittersweet to leave,” because Colton is his home, and when he was attending Colton his high school year, their rival was Bloomington, ironically.

Since Pope will be leaving us to go to Bloomington, we will be getting a Bloomington AP (with the schools essentially “trading” APs). Pope knows which AP will be replacing him but will “leave it up to them to announce that.”

We (including Pope) have no idea how long he will be at Bloomington, nor if he will ever come back to Colton any time soon. We also don’t know how long the Bloomington AP will be here, nor if that person will ever go back to Bloomington.

Pope said the transition from Colton to Bloomington will be different, and the campus is a bit farther than he’s used to driving, but he’s excited for the new experience. “I was never gonna be here forever, nobody ever gets to work in one place forever, it’s just part of life.”