Brothers and Sister Unite Club reinvents itself for a new year

Alexis Ponce, Reporter

A club with many different cultural perspectives to get to understand one another. A club that emphasizes the beauty of what we are and cultural diversity , that club is known as BSUC, Brother and Sister Unite Club. Currently this club is active this year and is ran by CHS biology teacher Dawud Aasiya-Bey (in room 58).

With previous years the club was more focused on the perspective of African American students who attend CHS, but in the previous year they decided to change the viewpoint on all races. With club being active for more than 10 years, BSU helps students to get a better understanding on different races and culture. This club is not mainly about teaching because this club also does singing, dancing, acting, and performing skits. With those activities some meeting well running more longer than usually, but don’t worry you’ll know ahead of time when the meetings will end.

BSU members well sometimes get into groups to discuss how to get a better understanding of dynamics and concerns in race relationships. Members can also express the talents and gift they have by practicing in the club’s talent shows, assemblies, etc, according to Mr. Aasiya-Bey.  Also, members in this club help students find resources as they plan for higher education or care after graduating high school.