Keeping Colton High School Informed Since 1917

TRIO: Mashups galore, and more from new App

Welcome the new social Media: Trio, whose first focus is user growth, a social media letting you be funny and creative. Combining media and making it as easy as a swipe of your finger, Trio, the newly created app (which is now available in the App Store) allows you to be creative and make your own mashups like friends and movie clips. You can make a beauty slide show of Instagram best beauty post, or even sports highlights with voiceover commentary. Make all your mashups at Trio and let your imagination run wild.

Trio is a new product from Meograph, Inc. The first project, which was in July 2012, was first a web destination with a more complex creator that did indeed do well in education and journalism but made little money. In September 2013, they rolled out the second product, an embedded web widget with major sports and media customers which by the way made more money, but lagged more in mobile. This new app is the culmination of everything they have learned in the past two and-a-half years of selling media creation products.

Trio’s first focus is user growth and once they have reach the critical mass, here is how their business will work:

Creative engagement: Brands love a) fans doing activities b) activity generation sharable content c) content containing quality brand assets d) assets links

Affiliate Referral: Using links from Trio asset result in the purchase which they’ll get a cut. They are already doing that with music and movies.

Native Display:  Modeling tried and social media business by having their own creation feature and in the feed.

The leadership for this new app is Misha Leybovich (CEO): MLT rocket scientist, Berkeley student body president, McKinsey Consultant, Guinness Book of World Record finalist. Clay Garrett (CTO): Professional boy band member. Georgia Tech-art-and-tech star. undercover gang documentarian, designer + developer. Meeting at a training for a Team in Training marathon in 2010 and became good friends.
The company investors which funds included streamlined ventures, Allegro Venture Partners, Western Technology Investment, Plug and Play Venture, and Media Camp, Angels which included David Anderman (former GC and COO of Lucas Films) Larry Braitman (cofounder of Flycast and Adify) and Semyon Dukach (current MD of Techstars Boston) plus they also got support from the Reynolds Journalism institute at  the University of Missouri)

Donate to The Pepper Bough
$525
$10000
Contributed
Our Goal

Recently, the CHS Publications Department experienced a major theft as over $20,000 in photography equipment was stolen from our studio over Spring Break. This included all cameras. Any amount you donate will help rebuild our program. Thank you!

About the Contributor
Alexis Ponce, Reporter
Donate to The Pepper Bough
$525
$10000
Contributed
Our Goal

Activate Search