Keeping Colton High School Informed Since 1917

Kendrick Lamar’s new single amazes

Kendrick Lamars new single amazes

June 25, 2012 was the day that Kendrick Lamar dropped his first album which debuted at number two on the Billboard  200 chart, selling 242,000 copies in the first week. After that he kind of became irrelevant but that all changed about a week ago.

September 23, 2014 Kendrick drops one of his singles that will be included on his latest album “i” and everyone’s talking about Kendrick’s crazy new sound.  He starts off with a man that sounds to be a reverend talking about how we need “a young brother that will stand for something…Kendrick Lamar he’s not a rapper he’s a writer.” The beat he raps over is something completely different from what were used to. It’s much more pop and upbeat rather than his beats that can make you riot against all type of authority.  His lyrics are different than what he usually raps about. He’s very inspirational about loving yourself in fact the chorus itself says “ I love myself” it’s not like his usual songs but sometimes we need change.

Some may say he’s trying to be to relevant in the sense of having popular beats instead of keeping real with the hip-hop sound. Kendrick’s album drops October 23,2014 and he’s giving the world a little taste of his huge change to the music world.

Donate to The Pepper Bough
$735
$10000
Contributed
Our Goal

Recently, the CHS Publications Department experienced a major theft as over $20,000 in photography equipment was stolen from our studio over Spring Break. This included all cameras. Any amount you donate will help rebuild our program. Thank you!

About the Contributor
Justice Sandoval
Justice Sandoval, Editor in Chief
Donate to The Pepper Bough
$735
$10000
Contributed
Our Goal

Activate Search
Kendrick Lamar’s new single amazes