Keeping Colton High School informed and entertained since 1917

That’s what a hamburger’s all about

Angel Oliveros, Reporter

If there is one restaurant that is talked about by the majority of the school, it would have to be In-N-Out Burger.

I’ve never been to In-N-Out before, and everyone I’ve known has. So, I finally decided to give it a try.

After the school day ended, I strolled on over to In-N-Out in Fontana on Sierra Avenue. This wasn’t the only location I could go to, I just felt like walking.

Now, as I walked into the fast-food restaurant for the first time in my life, I was blasted in the face by the aroma of freshly prepared food. Right from the start, I had high expectations.

When it was finally my turn to order, I had no idea what to decide on. There wasn’t a very broad variety of things that I could choose from, and I was well aware of their “secret menu.” Driven by simplicity, I ordered nothing but a hamburger, fries, and a drink.

The employee, who we’ll just call Mitt, took my order, and I must applaud him for the friendly service. Service at any restaurant is always important, and at In-N-Out, it was no different. I got my order within less than three small minutes. Mitt handed me the food and then I sat down.

Some people, including my own brother, had told me that the fries would actually taste like fries. With that in mind, I tried them. I’ve got to say, these fries were absolutely repulsive to me. I ate “fresh” fries that tasted like a lukewarm, yet soggy, slice of potato. The quantity of fries was more than acceptable, the quality, however, was awful.

Disappointed by the fries, I was reluctant on consuming the burger I ordered. It looked pretty decent; it looked like it was worth what I paid for, at least. When I tried the burger, I felt a little bit like Squidward from “Spongebob Squarepants,” when he tried his first Krabby Patty, except I didn’t go insane.

Compared to their fries, In-N-Out’s burgers are worth talking about, but not worth raving about. While the burger was good, there were some faults I found in it. I liked how you’re given the option of whether or not you want onions, but I hated the fact that they put finely diced pickles in all of their burgers. I had a lot of fun taking all of them out. I don’t like pickles.

Even though I despised their fries, In-N-Out was alright. If I had to rate it, I’d give it a three, three and a half at best, out of five. I’m still sticking with a Whopper or Six Dollar Burger. No more diced pickles for me.

• That’s what a hamburger’s all about

Sports

Track Ends the Year in Awe and Glory

• That’s what a hamburger’s all about

Top Stories

CHS undergoes eco-friendly modernizations

• That’s what a hamburger’s all about

Top Stories

Class of ’17 gears up for pre-graduation events

• That’s what a hamburger’s all about

Sports

Super Bowl 51 sets new records

• That’s what a hamburger’s all about

Opinion

Your lazy decisions are contaminating the ocean

• That’s what a hamburger’s all about

News

America somewhat welcomes the 45th president

• That’s what a hamburger’s all about

News

Seniors are in for a ‘night in the spotlight’ at the Yost Theater

• That’s what a hamburger’s all about

Arts and Entertainment

Wild Rivers outdo themselves with self-titled album

• That’s what a hamburger’s all about

Arts and Entertainment

Nothing Else Matters but Little Mix’s new album “Glory Days”

• That’s what a hamburger’s all about

Sports

Ukrainian boxer Vasyl Lomachenko is on top of the world

That’s what a hamburger’s all about