Boys Basketball looks to bounce back

Johnathan Marquez, Reporter

The Colton Yellow Jacket boy basketball team looks to bounce back from a frustrating year which saw them finish dead last in league play with a 1-9 record. The squad is lead by Head Coach David Gomez who,  with a full year under his belt of being the head coach, feels very confident about his team and players, saying, “I feel strong about this year; we have real good players that go out there and work hard every day and if we keep doing that day in and day out we’re going to succeed.”

When asked what’s different about this team from last year he says, “The atmosphere is different on the team we have a great team chemistry.” This statement is backed up by Junior forward Angel Pacheco, who says, “I feel we have a very strong chemistry that we have great communication.” Sophomore center/forward Terrence Love adds, “We love each other to death, were all a family and we got each others’ backs no matter what.”

Even with this great team chemistry coach Gomez reminds everyone that “we won’t take anyone lightly” when asked who he thinks their biggest challenge in league will be. “Right now wins and loses are not our goal. Our goal is to come together as a team and when we do that the wins will just follow after us.”

Players Pacheco and Love have similar views  on the matter being more team viewed, Pacheco saying “we’re going to go out there and do what we have to do for our team. If we are all on the same page and go out there and do what we have to do the wins will come.”

Even with saying that, they still hope the team can make a run for the playoffs and pull of as many wins as possible. Already losing their first season game to Pacific High School they look to bounce back Tuesday December 8th against Riverside Poly to put the team back on track towards a winning record.