Killer Klowns coming to Kolton?

Photo of an actual “creepy clown” seen off the side of a highway in Illinois.

Chantz Horton, Reporter

We’ve all heard about them, some are fearful some are just annoyed. October 2016 is the year of the clowns.

All across America the national phenomenon of the killer clown has gone from nightmare to reality. We have all heard about it or in some cases we’ve seen them. These clowns have caused terror across America. This clown craze originated in South Carolina, slowly spread from state to state. The national phenomena has even spread to our area. Clown sighting have been reported in riverside, Fontana, and even blocks from our school at fleming park.

emgn-creepy-clowns-pics-2Colton’s very own Emanuel Sanchez said, “We’re focused too much on them instead of focusing on our school work, or things of Importance.” Sanchez has shown he is not fearful and even added, “If a clown comes at me I will throw hands with that clown.”

There are many people who are fearful of these clowns. Reports of friends calling each other late at night have been reported due to them being fearful of these clowns and not  gaining much sleep. Senior Javier Juarez says, “This is all just a big prank; they need to stop clowning around.” It seems as scared as people seem those in Colton High School aren’t very scared and don’t really see a point in worrying about it.

Across the nation many areas have taken this threat very seriously. There is a report of at least seven charges made against these clowns, felony charges, of these clowns making terrorizing threats. What could have started of as a small prank eventually turned much more serious when these reported clown sighting became reports of possible kidnapping when on multiple accounts these clowns were reported near schools and playgrounds allegedly trying to lure young children into the nearby forest. Students at Pennsylvania State University were reported to conduct a “Mass Clown Hunt” in search of these clowns. This issue has become so serious in some areas, the Connecticut School District have made a ban on clown costumes. There was a reported sighting at our very own flemming park causing this big uproar here at our home. The clown was seen walking in the street and eventually when the picture was taken the clown was standing on the Grand stage. These clown sighting have slowly grown in the past few weeks and more are coming in, it’s recommended to always be alert of your surroundings and report any suspicious activity.