Colton v.s. Arroyo

Johnathan Marquez, Reporter

The Colton High School Yellow Jackets fresh off a 28-7 win against the winless Rialto Knights which moved their record to 1-1 on the season. Looking to keep the momentum going and to rise above the .500 mark faced off against the winless Arroyo Valley Hawks. Colton needed to make a statement first and fast and they sure did in the form of a kickoff return by return man and running back Lawrence Campbell bringing the ball inside the Hawks own 20 yard line.

Capitalizing on this great return quarterback Chris Florez scored with 11:22 still to go in the first quarter. With the first quarter coming to an end it seemed that Coltons hot start has quickly cooled off with neither team scoring for the rest of the quarter. Little did anyone know the Hive was about to erupt and sting the visiting Hawks.

Who else to stir up the hive again then the man who got it started in the first place with Campbell scoring with 10:03 left in the second quarter swung the momentum back into Yellow Jackets hands where it stayed for the remainder of the game with the offensive line making holes and the defense making plays with scores by Chris Florez, Jared Campa, Lawrence Campbell and Gil Martinez. Entering the locker room with a 42-0 lead at the half.

With a large lead and a long season ahead of them the Yellow Jackets chose to put their second string players and rest the starters. With the final score being 49-8 going to the Yellow Jackets they look to the next game against the undefeated Chaffey High school Tigers at Chaffey High on Thursday September 24.