Winter Sports WrapUp

As all the winter sports regular seasons ended on Thursday, February 12th, the future looks bright for the post season. Boys and girls varsity soccer look to take home the League titles back to Colton this year after having great records a piece. The boys look to take home the title after defeating the Fontana Steelers on Thursday, 3-2, while the Varsity Girls ended their season.  With the hot offense and a defense like no other, Head Coaches Armando Ponce and Manuel Flores and the Varsity squad rocking the Sunkist League, ending 3rd (Girls) and 2nd (Boys) places.

Though the soccer season looks ahead, the game of Colton Basketball is at an end. Boys and Girls Varsity basketball season had ended also on Thursday, February 12th (Girls) and on February 10th (Boys). Both teams look to rebuild after this season, encountering many losses in the year. Though heart and determination was put in every game, it was not enough to score a spot in the playoffs this year. New Year, new coach, as Boys Varsity was dealing with a change of a head coaching position. It was a struggle to get use to new tactics and the feel of things for Boys Varsity.

Wrestling season was big this year as the Varsity squad clinched multiple wins in the conference, holding a good record, they only standing in second place. With having wrestlers with strength, athleticism, and quickness, YellowJacket wrestling was dominating. They now look on to the CIF playoffs, heading into the first round against Norte Vista.

As the regular winter sports season ends, Colton High School now looks towards its spring sports in Baseball, Tennis, and Track and Field winning conference championships to the Colton crowd. Things look bright for CHS as they now transition from winter to spring, determined to put heart into every game.

$735
$10000

Mike Wexler
Mike Wexler, Sports Editor
$735
$10000

Activate Search
Winter Sports WrapUp